As it’s pancake day, I want to share two recipes with you today for some inspiration. Sweet and savoury! So first up is this Ham & Mushroom Savoury Pancake to keep your tastebuds tantalised….
Archives for February 2017
Chocolate for breakfast anyone? Why the hell not! This bowl of Chocolate Porridge Oats is the perfect start to any day! Especially, as it uses Well + Happy raw organic chocolate which is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. This chocolate is made with no nasties and allows for guilt free indulgence, and it certainly makes me Happy!
Combining this with some of my favourite fruits, adds natural sweetness, then to that add some peanut butter and quark, you have a mighty protein bowl of luxuriousness. A well balanced bowl of good fats, protein and carbohydrate makes this bowl of Chocolate Porridge Oats quite a nutritious breakfast, keeping you fuller for longer.
I actually made this bowl for Valentine’s Day, as I had just been given my first months stash from Well + Happy and after the success of my Banana & Almond Butter Porridge Zoats I was hooked onto Porridge again. Since, I have been experimenting with all sorts of flavour combinations. So there will be plenty more to come in this department.
Let me know what you think and tag me in your Chocolate Porridge Oats bowls on Instagram. Enjoy x
- ⅓ cup (40g) rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅔ cup choice of milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp Well + Happy raw cacao drinking powder
- 2 tbsp Quark
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Date syrup
- Toppings - blueberries, raspberries & Well + Happy Caramello bar shavings with 3 squares.
- Add your oats to a small pan then pour over the Milk.
- Cook over a medium high heat. Once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down.
- Mix in the mashed banana, Quark, cacao powder, date syrup and peanut butter.
- Allow the porridge to simmer for a few minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency. I usually cook mine for 5 mins.
- Top with lots of berries.
This leek, mushroom & spinach omelette is the ideal high protein lunch. I was really happy with this, as it was so delicious, quick and very easy to make, whilst also ticking the healthy box. …
This guilt free, indulgent, creamy Chocolate Avocado Mousse is so satisfying, that there really is no need to go back to the shop bought, high in sugar and fat laden version….
I thought that it was about time to jump on the Z O A T S bandwagon and now I am hooked! These creamy banana & almond butter porridge zoats are in fact FABULOUS! I cannot believe I have never tried them before now. I now understand what its all about….