This leek, mushroom & spinach omelette is the ideal high protein lunch. I was really happy with this, as it was so delicious, quick and very easy to make, whilst also ticking the healthy box. Having returned from the gym; hungry; in need of some protein for recovery; and getting towards the end of the week, where the fridge contents needed using up, I rustled this one pan dish up.
Needless, to say it was lovely and creamy and felt as if I was eating a ‘naughty’ dish, instead it was totally the opposite. High in protein, low in fat, & nutritious – packing a few veggies in!
Nothing complicated here, but thought I would share with you, because the lunch category is quite scarce at the moment. Only one recipe (Thai Pumpkin Soup) currently present in there. Therefore, I will aim to get a few out there for you to try over the next few weeks.
Let me know what you think of your leek, mushroom & spinach omelette and tag me in your attempts on Instagram. Enjoy x
- 2 tbsps quark
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ leek thinly sliced
- 30g spinach leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Philadelphia Light Soft cheese
- 2 eggs
- Heat a frying pan & spray with oil, add the garlic, leek and mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms are cooked. Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt. Season with pepper and stir in in the Philadelphia cheese. Remove, cover and keep warm.
- Mix the eggs with the quark in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the frying pan again, spray with oil. Pour in the egg mixture, swirl and draw in the edges of uncooked egg mixture to form an omelette.
- Cook until almost set. Spoon the leek mushroom and spinach mixture over half the omelette and fold over to enclose filling.
- Slide onto a plate and decorate with tomatoes & basil..