This White Chocolate & Raspberry American Pancake Stack really is my new favourite creation. It feels much more indulgent when compared to my Acai & Blueberry American Pancakes, which is why I have categorised it as a dessert but I would have this for breakfast & would probably not use as much as the cream on top, but maybe not ; ).
To make the creamy topping, I was experimenting with how to make a healthier white chocolate cheesecake recipe with Quark & discovered this delicious white chocolate, banana, Philadelphia & quark cream. In fact, we have had it since as a dessert, in just a small glass straight up as a type of white chocolate mousse/pudding. I could it eat it all day long. I used two 25g bars of the best white chocolate ever! (Moser Rosa – Aldi) I know that it is a big statement but seriously try it, it contains Madagascan vanilla seeds.
Let me know what you think, have a go at making them & tag me in your White Chocolate & Raspberry American Pancake Stack on Instagram. Enjoy x
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Quark
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 100g Buckwheat flour (use which flour you prefer)
- 25ml Almond Milk (or any will do)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (for frying)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsps Quark
- 30g Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add the yolks, quark, vanilla extract, milk and mix together.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients
- Separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak.
- Fold in the egg whites gently.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan and take 2 spoonfuls of mixture for 1 pancake.
- Fry until the top of the mix starts to bubble, then flip over and cook for a further minute, until cooked.
- Stack the pancakes layering 1 tbsp of the white chocolate cream in between each layer. Top with a further tbsp of cream, then add the raspberries & scatter the walnuts to finish.